To reach this dialog, click on Options > Text Styles in the main menu,
then click on the Advanced button.
The following steps will explain how this is done, but be cautioned: Although you cannot damage PC Study Bible by changing these options, we do not recommended that novice or beginning computer users attempt to make these changes alone. If you require assistance in this matter, please contact Biblesoft Technical Support. If you just want to change the general size of the text, see KB583.
There are five components to this window:
1. Text Style. In the leftmost pane the text styles are listed. Each text style used in PC Study Bible can be found here. It may be difficult at first to find the text style you want to change. The titles are assigned to elude to the types it affects.
2. The Text Style Display. This window is located at the bottom of the window just above the OK, CANCEL and HELP buttons. It will show you how the selected Text Style will be displayed in the PC Study Bible program.
3. Based On. This is a key window just above the Text Style Display. All texts are based (indirectly) on "Normal". You can base a style on any existing style. To make sweeping changes throughout the program, you can change the "Normal" setting itself.
4. Attributes and Font. Here is where you can select special attributes, such as bold and italic, and font size and color. The Font options can sometimes appear misleading. There may not be a font, size, or Background Color selected, yet the text is there, visible, and in color. This happens because these settings are first determined by the "Based On" selection. You can change this style without changing the style that this text is based on. Also remember: Any changes to a particular text style will directly affect any other text styles that are based on the one you are changing. Confused yet? It does take a bit of effort to become familiar with this preference feature, but it grants the user a great number of customization options.
5. Command Icons. These are the five icons located at the bottom of the window just right of the OK, CANCEL and HELP buttons. Each performs a different operation.
Save—This allows you to save your changes when through. Clicking OK will also save your new settings.
Undo—This will undo any changes you've made since the last Save operation.
Copy —This can be used to copy the entire Text Style to the clipboard.
Paste—This icon is only active when a Text Style has been copied. When you choose Paste, the entire Text Style will be replaced with the one in your clipboard, including Based On.
New—This allows the user to create a New Text Style. This is advantageous when creating your own reference works, but is difficult to manipulate beyond that.
NOTE: You cannot change the user selected highlight foreground or background colors. This Text Style appears when you use your mouse to select, highlight, or block out a portion of the displayed text in PC Study Bible. These colors are assigned by default by Windows.