PC Study Bible Version 3 must be installed from the CD-ROM Drive with the letter designation closest to the beginning of the alphabet. If you use a computer with multiple CD-ROM drives, you must install the program from the lettered drive closest to Drive A that the computer views as a piece of hardware, not a networked drive. This includes CD-R and DVD drives that can read CDs as well. For example, if you have a Drive G and a Drive H that can both read CDs, you must install the program from Drive G, since G is closer to the beginning of the alphabet.
If you have already loaded the program files, the next few steps explain how to transfer the Reference Works to your Hard Drive:
1. Place the PC Study Bible 3 CD in the appropriate CD-ROM Drive. Hold the SHIFT key down as you insert it. Keep holding the shift key down for at least 20 seconds after you've closed the CD-ROM drive door.
2. After the drive has stopped spinning to recognize the CD, let go of the SHIFT key.
3. Now choose START, move up to PROGRAMS, select PC STUDY BIBLE 3.0, slide over and click on REFERENCE WORK MANAGER.
4. From here you should be able to transfer the remaining modules from your CD-ROM Drive to your Hard Drive.
If you have the CD in the appropriate Drive, yet the Reference Work Manager is still blank, the modules can be loaded via the following procedure:
1. Open Windows Explorer. This can be done by choosing START, selecting PROGRAMS, then clicking on WINDOWS EXPLORER.
2. In the left window, open the Program Files folder. This can be done by clicking the "+" plus sign, or by double-clicking on the folder.
3. In the left window, open Biblesoft.
4. Still in the left window, now open PC Study Bible 3.0.
5. Single-click to highlight the RefWorks folder.
6. After displaying this folder, find the icon in the left pane that represents your CD ROM Drive.
7. Click the "+" next to your CD-ROM Drive icon.
8. In the left pane, single-click on the folder titled RefWorks.
9. From the top tool bar, choose EDIT and SELECT ALL.
10. Now choose EDIT and COPY.
11. In the left window, find the RefWorks folder back on your HardDrive. This is the one we found earlier, in Step 5.
12. From the top tool bar, choose EDIT and PASTE. If asked to overwrite or replace an existing file, answer NO. You may be required to do this quite a few times.
*** If you receive a message that states, "The Source and Destination filenames are the same", you did not click on the appropriate RefWorks folder. Follow these instructions again from Step 5. ***
13. When this copy function is complete choose EDIT from the top tool bar, and click SELECT ALL.
14. Hold down the ALT key and press the ENTER key at the same time. A Properties window will appear.
15. Near the bottom right there will be a Read Only checkbox. This box should not be grayed out, and there should not be a check in it. Click on this box as many times as necessary until the box is clear (not checked).
16. Click OK on the Properties window. You do not need to click Apply.
17. You may now exit Windows Explorer.
18. Remove the PC Study Bible CD from your CD-ROM Drive.