This is usually the result of an incorrect path value in your registry. You will be sent a disc in the future with safeguards provided to prevent this from happening on future installations. For the time being, it can be fixed by reinstalling the Version 4 Reference Library CD. You do not have to uninstall anything. Use the steps below to perform the reinstallation. After completing them, try installing the disc that gave the above error.
With the Version 4 Reference Library disc in the drive, and no applications open... [PC Study Bible must not be running during this procedure. Hold down the SHIFT key when closing your CD-Rom Drive door to prevent AutoRun from starting PC Study Bible. You must hold down the SHIFT key until the drive is done recognizing the disc. This usually takes around 20 seconds.]
- From your Windows taskbar, click on the START button.
- Choose RUN. . .
- Click on the BROWSE button.
- Select your CD-Rom Drive.
- Double-click on the file titled Setup.exe.
- Click OK in the RUN.. box.
- Follow the instructions that appear, changing no defaults.