There are two separate macros that can be used with PC Study Bible Version 3. This explanation pertains to the one used to import scripture into MS Word. The other macro is a part of the Biblesoft Authoring System.
This "Copy Macro", GetRef30.doc, will place a scripture directly into Word, without you having to leave Word and find the verse in PC Study Bible, then copy and return to Word to paste it. All you have to do is type a Bible reference, then click the ("GetBibleRef") icon in Word, and the reference text will be inserted into your document.
To install the macro:
1. Click on START, select PROGRAMS, choose PC Study Bible 3.0, and click on "Install Copy Macros for Word 97". A Word document will now open.
2. A Macro Virus Warning box may appear. Since this is a safe Macro, click ENABLE MACROS.
3. Double-click the "INSTALL" button. It may appear as though nothing happened when you double-clicked this icon, but continue to follow these steps until completion.
4. There are instructions in this file you should read over.
5. When finished, close this Word document. Choose FILE, and CLOSE.
Test the Macro:
6. Open another Word document to try out this new Macro. Choose FILE, and NEW.
7. Click OK to open the new document.
8. On a blank line in Word, type a valid Bible reference (with proper Book Title or Abbreviation). Leave the cursor on the same line as the Bible reference.
9. There are two ways to activate the macro.
-- Click INSERT from the Top Tool Bar, and select SCRIPTURE.
-- Click the upper icon "Get Bible Ref" that resembles an open Bible .
The reference will be inserted into your Word document. The version displayed will be your Default Bible Version from PC Study Bible. For information on how to change your Default Bible Version, see KB582.