You maybe able to get your Version 3 to install and run on Vista or Windows 7, but please know we are no longer offering technical support for the Version 3 program due to a lack of compatibility with newer operating systems. The program is 12 years old and upgrading will be your best options. This will save you money in the long run as upgrades cost much less then purchasing a new program.
If you come across any problems, the
first thing you want to do is to apply the Compatibility Settings
PC Study Bible Compatibility settings Settings for Windows Vista and 7
- Do not run PC Study Bible
- Right click on the Icon for PC Study Bible found on the Windows 7 desktop
- Look for two files both are named JOSHUA
- One is JOSHUA.DLL and the other is JOSHUA.EXE
- This second file often is just JOSHUA and it has an icon that looks like the one found on the Windows 7 desktop
- Left Click PROPERTIES
- Left Click COMPATIBILITY
- Scroll down a few lines, and put a Check mark on RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
- Click the APPLY button
- Click the OK Button
- Close the OPEN FILE LOCATION window
- You should be at the Windows 7 desk top
- Shut down and restart Windows 7
- Once Windows 7 has restarted, go ahead and run PC Study Bible
- Windows 7 may ask you to ALLOW this program to run. Choose ALLOW, or Yes
- You also may get an odd message stating that your system is short on Hard Drive space
- Ignore this message and choose YES
- PC Study Bible should start up
I highly recommend upgrading to a Version 5 library simply because it is much more compatible with the newer systems. Upgrading does require you to have a registered program, so make sure you have your original program disc available.
We offer two upgrade options; the library upgrade and the program only upgrade.
The price for a program only upgrade will be $29.95 plus shipping and handling. This will include no new content. If you have the Complete Version 3 then your library has a specific engine with the stand alone program built in, so you don't need to keep the older disc.
The library upgrade acts as a stand alone and upgrades the program along with offering new content, however, not all the titles in the older versions will be in the Version 5, but we can replace any title you wish for $8.00 per disc plus shipping and handling. There is a way around this if you would be interested, but it can get technical.
can be purchased online, but, if you would like, you can always call
Customer Service for making the purchase. You will need to contact
Customer Service to order replacements.
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Pacific Standard Time
Monday - Friday