Please know that we no longer offer Technical Support on Version 3.3a and earlier, including the Version 2.1 due to a lack of compatibility with newer operating systems. You may be able to get your program to run using the instructions below.
How to Install Version 2.1 on Vista and Windows 7Read through these instructions carefully to ensure you are doing everything you need to attempt a successful installation.
Please keep in mind that the Version 2.1 was produced between the years 1996 and 1998. It was to run on much smaller computers that ran Windows 95 or 98.
Today's computers are gigantic compared to those earlier systems. One of the hardware items that have gotten much larger are the Hard Drives and it is this enlarging of the Hard Drive that gives the 2.1 Install problems.
There is a trick to get the Version 2.1 to install on systems running Windows XP, Vista (32 bit) or 7 (32 bit). This Version will not run if your Vista or Windows 7 system is running a 64 bit system.)
WARNING: Then installing the 2.1 into an XP, Vista or windows 7 system, there is about an 50% chance of having a successful install. These new systems can be set up several different ways and sometimes the way a system is set up can keep this older program from installing properly.
If you are unable to get your version to run on your new computer, then purchasing a new Version that will run on your new system is the only other options. For more information on Libraries or Programs that will run on your new system or computer, go to the Biblesoft Home Page.
Back to the Version 2.1 Installation.
There is a search that runs and that search was designed to search up to about a 4 GB size Hard Drive. Anything larger than this would cause multiple errors and a failure to get the program to installed. You must cancel this Search which takes place before installation in an effort to avoid any messages that will come up.
To do this:
- Close any major programs so the only thing running is Windows
- Insert the CD into the disc drive
- The first screen of the Install should come up and it will either be a License Agreement or a Welcome to PC Study Bible
If it is the License Agreement, click on Yes to Move on to the Welcome screen
- When you see the “Welcome to PC Study Bible” screen, you must do Two Steps
- You MUST do these Two Steps fairly rapidly, otherwise the Search that takes place will not get Canceled in time and you will again see several error messages
These Two Steps are:
- Click the CONTINUE Button and then Tap the ESCAPE Key. (The ESCAPE Key or ESC Key is located in the upper left corner of most keyboards.)
- So you will Click CONTINUE and then about a second later, Tap the ESC Key
- If you have terminated the Search successfully, then you will get a message stating the you have Terminated a Search
- 7. Click on Okay
- The next screen will say that the search did not find a copy of PC Study Bible on the system and will give the suggestion to install PC Study Bible to C:\PCSTUDY
- Click Okay once more an the install of 2.1 should proceed
- If you wish to install PC Study Bible to another Drive or Folder, then go to steps 12 and Back Space the C:\PCSTUDY away and type in the desired Drive and Folder name. (Example: D:STUDYBIBLE
Again, these steps don't guarantee a successful install and you may need to purchase a new Library or Stand Alone Program at the Biblesoft Home Page.