Release Notes for the CD Sparkling Gems From the Greek (SGFTG 4+5 SBB00465SPARKLIN0707)
The solution is to turn off User Account Control in Vista:
- Click on the Start button.
- Type msconfig into the field where the cursor is blinking. It says Start Search until you type.
- msconfig.exe appears above where you are typing
- Click on msconfig.exe
- The User Account Control window appears:
Windows needs your permission to continue
System Configuration Utility
- Click Continue
- The System Configuration window opens.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Click on the Tool Name heading in order to put the list in alphabetical order.
- Click on Disable UAC in order to highlight it. (Should you ever need to turn User Account Control back on, follow these same instructions, but click on Enable UAC instead).
- Click the Launch button.
- A window (usually black) opens, saying "The operation completed successfully."
- Close the black window.
- Click OK in the System Configuration window.
- Save anything you have been working on, then restart Windows.
- Windows restarts.
- On some systems, you may see a message about Normal vs. Selective Startup. Just mark "Don't ask me again" and click OK.
- Once Windows is finished starting, you can following the instructions on the green sheet for setting Sparkling Gems as your default devotional.
- In your mind, you now face a question: "Do I want to turn User Account Control back on?" If you decide Yes, repeat the instructions above, using the Enable UAC option.