How do I delete a reference work?
You determine the actual file name, then go to the RefWorks folder and delete one or more files with that file name.
- Open PC Study Bible
- Open the reference work that you want to delete. For example, open Matthew Henry's Commentary to any verse.
- When the reference work is open, look in the buttons across the bottom of the screen. Left-click the Copyright and Prefaces button. (It looks like the letter "c" in a circle.)
- A window opens, showing the title of the reference work, e.g. Matthew Henry's Commentary V4.2.1
- Left-click the General tab in that window.
- From that window, write down the File Name, e.g. C:\Program Files\Biblesoft\PC Study Bible 4\RefWorks\mhc.JSR. You'll use this list below.
- "mhc.JSR" and related files are what you need to delete (more about that below).
- Left-click Cancel on the window.
- Repeat Steps 2-8 for any other reference works you want to delete.
- Close PC Study Bible
- On your Windows desktop (where all the icons are displayed), right-click on the PC Study Bible 4 icon (shortcut)
- Left-click on Properties
- The Properties dialog appears.
- At the bottom, left-click on the Find Target button.
- This opens a window called Program.
- In that window, left-click on the View menu.
- Left-click on GoTo
- Left-click on Up One Level
- Double-click on the folder RefWorks
- The open window changes to RefWorks
- Left-click on the View menu and left-click on Details.
- The window now shows one item per row, usually in alphabetical order.
- Now we come back to the list of file names that you noted in Step 6, e.g. mhc.JSR.
- To delete the Matthew Henry's Commentary reference work you need to delete several files: mhc.JSR, mhc.JIX, and maybe mhc.BIL (if you have it).
- Right-click on mhc.JSR and left-click on Delete and left-click Yes to confirm it.
- Right-click on mhc.JIX and left-click on Delete and left-click Yes to confirm it.
- Right-click on mhc.BIL (if you have it) and left-click on Delete and left-click Yes to confirm it.
- Repeat Steps 24-26 for any other file names you noted for deletion.
- Close all open windows.
- When you open PC Study Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary will de gone.