I get the above message when I start PC Study Bible or when I run the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
- The message is misleading and harmless. You do not need to insert a disk.
- Just click Continue or Cancel. You might have to do this several times.
- To eliminate this message, completely shut down your machine, including turning the power off.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn the machine back on.
- Wait for the machine to completely start up. In other words, wait for the mouse pointer to settle down to its usual shape and wait for all the usual little icons to appear in the lower right, next to the time.
- Start PC Study Bible.
- If you still get the message (which is rare), continue with the instructions below.
- Close PC Study Bible.
- Choose START, and select RUN...
- Type "regedit" in the Open line.
- Press OK.
- Do NOTHING in this window except for what is described here.
- Click the "+" (plus) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Click the "+" next to Software.
- Click the "+" next to Biblesoft.
- Single-click the folder titled PC Study Bible.
- Look in the right pane for the words, "Reference Works Path". (It might be truncated due to space, i.e., "Reference Works P...".)
- Double-click on "Reference Works Path".
- Remove the semi-colon near the end of the Value Data entry, and everything that follows it.
e.g., If it says:
"C:\Program Files\Biblesoft\PC Study Bible 3.0\RefWorks;D:\RefWorks"
Change it to read:
"C:\Program Files\Biblesoft\PC Study Bible 3.0\RefWorks"
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry.
- Start PC Study Bible. The problem should be solved.