This message can appear on any Windows version from Windows 98 forward: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. (Versions 4.2D and later do not support Windows 95.)
The problem is that your growing collection of PC Study Bible reference works has outgrown its share of "memory mapping space".
The solution is to increase PC Study Bible's share of memory mapping space using a tool from Biblesoft. You may have the tool on your computer already; we will find out in a minute.
- If the "Exhausted ..." message is on the screen, click OK.
- Close PC Study Bible.
- On your Windows desktop (where all the icons are displayed), right-click on the PC Study Bible 4 icon (shortcut)
- Left-click on Properties
- The Properties dialog appears.
- At the bottom, left-click on the Find Target button.
- In the resulting window, left-click on the View menu and left-click on Details.
- The window now shows one item per row, usually in alphabetical order.
- If you see the file mem_mapper (or it might appear as mem_mapper.exe), skip to Step 15.
- By this point, you have determined that you do not have the mem_mapper program, so you need to download it.
- Close all open windows.
Download mem_mapper for free from our website, by clicking here.
If that link doesn't work for you, paste the following into the Address field of your web browser:
Hit Enter or click Go
Follow the instructions on the page to download and install mem_mapper. (Note: the assumption is that, by the end of this step, mem_mapper is sitting in the same folder as Joshua.exe.)
Go back to Step 3.
By this point, you have found the mem_mapper program on your system. Double-click on mem_mapper
PC Study Bible - Memory Mapper opens.
About half-way down the screen, find this line:
Minimum file mapping space for optimal performance
At the end of that line, you see a percentage number, for example, 82%.
A little further down the screen, you should change the Current file mapping space to match (or exceed) the number shown in Step 18. (82% in this example.) The maximum permitted value is 95 to 97, depending on your Windows version.
Click the Save and Exit button.
Click Yes to save your changes.
Close all open windows.
Open (launch) PC Study Bible.
It may open without the Exhausted .... message.
If you still get the Exhausted .... message, close PC Study Bible, restart your computer, and open PC Study Bible first, before any other programs that you might open. The message should be gone.
Rare, special case: If you still get the Exhausted .... message, and you are running Windows XP, the compatibility mode for Joshua.exe may be set to some Windows version prior to Windows XP. Contact Biblesoft Technical Support and we'll show you how to fix this.
This is the end of the instructions.