This is a rare problem. When the text is highlighted, the highlight color is the same color as the text so you can't see the highlighted text. For example, if you highlight by dragging the mouse, the text turns white and since the background is white, the type disappears
Here is the solution.
1. Close PC Study Bible.
2. On your Windows desktop (where all the icons are displayed), right-click on the PC Study Bible 4 icon (shortcut)
3. Left-click on Properties
4. The Properties dialog appears.
5. At the bottom, left-click on the Find Target button.
6. In the resulting window, left-click on the View menu and left-click on Details.
7. The window now shows one item per row, usually in alphabetical order.
8. Find the file named "Configuration Editor" and double-click on it. The Software Configuration Editor window will appear.
9. In the left pane click the "+" plus in front of Software. If there is no "+" plus in front of Software you may have opened the ConfigEd.exe instead of "Configuration Editor". Close this program and return to Step 8. If you cannot find the "Configuration Editor", or if there is still no "+" plus next to software, stop here and contact Technical Support.
10. Click the "+" plus in front of Biblesoft.
11. Click the "+" plus in front of PC Study Bible.
12. Click on the word "Options" in Application Options to select this item. Name and Data values will appear in the right-hand panel.
13. Look in the right pane for the words, "Selection Modes”.
14. Click on Selection Modes.
15. From the menu, choose Edit > Delete and the Selection Modes value will be deleted.
16. Choose File and select Exit to close the Software Configuration Editor.
17. Close all other open windows.
18. Start up PC Study Bible; check to see if highlighting now works properly.