This message appears in two situations:
Situation 1 - PC Study Bible is not installed and working on this computer.
In this case, you just need to begin the installation process using a different CD: Put the highest versioned Reference Library CD you have in the CD drive and install from that. For example, if you have a Complete Reference Library 4.1 and a Complete Reference Library 4.2B, choose the latter (4.2B).
Stop here. The rest of this knowledge base article does not apply to your situation.
Situation 2 - PC Study Bible is installed and working on this computer.
Option A - If you have Version 5
- Download our Registry Updater tool which is attached (see below). This tool updates only the parts of the registry used by Biblesoft.
- Run the Registry Updater
- When it asks "This utility was designed to update your Registry Paths. Would you like to update the SCU file as well? The SCU file contains Path Information used to run PC Study Bible," click Yes.
- Click Finish.
- Run PC Study Bible to make sure it works, then close it.
- Run again the install that gave you the "We have not detected...." message. It should work this time.
Option B - If you have Version 4, or if Option A doesn't work.
Put the highest versioned Reference Library CD you have in the CD drive tray, but do NOT close the drive. For example, if you have a Complete Reference Library 4.1 and a Complete Reference Library 4.2B, choose the latter (4.2B). Note: the title on the face of the CD must include the phrase "Reference Library".
Hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard.
Now push the CD drive tray closed.
Count slowly to 30 then let up on the Shift key. (This process prevents the CD from starting on its own.)
Turn off any anti-virus software. If you need help doing this, click here.
1. From your Windows taskbar, click on the START button.
2. Choose RUN. . .
3. Click on the BROWSE button.
4. Select your CD-Rom Drive.
5. Double-click on the file titled Setup.exe.
6. Click OK in the RUN.. box.
While this is running the install again, it will not create duplicate information; it is just repairing the information which caused the "We have not detected" message in the first place.
At the end of the install, choose not to restart your computer, then click Finish
Take the Reference Library CD out of the drive.
Start up PC Study Bible. It should launch OK.
Close PC Study Bible.
Now try again to install the CD which gave the "We have not detected" message. It should work.
Why did this error message appear?
There are several potential causes but only one has been identified specifically: If you have a V4 UPGRADE BONUS CD (BON-50PD, part # SSPD500403), contact Customer Service for a free replacement.