1. Open your PC Study Bible program.
2. Win95 users skip this step. Use the ALT-TAB key combination to go back to your Program Manager.
To use the ALT-TAB feature: Hold down the ALT button on your keyboard, press and release the TAB button once, then let up on the ALT button. This returns you to the program (Program Manager) you were using just prior to starting PC Study Bible.
If you have more that two applications running, you can access any of them by doing the following: Press the TAB button two or more times while holding down the ALT button. This will sequentially display the name of each application. Select the application you want to use by letting up on the ALT button when the desired application's name appears on the screen.
3. From Program Manager, open a word processor, such as Microsoft Word, Corel Word Perfect, Lotus Word Pro, etc. (Also, Windows 3.1 and 95 both contain a built-in word processor, WRITE and WordPad, respectively, both located in the Accessories application group.) You can use any other Windows application that supports pasting of texts and objects from the Windows Clipboard.
4. Use the ALT-TAB feature to return to your PC Study Bible program. (As described in step 2) You should become comfortable with using the ALT-TAB feature to switch back and forth between two programs.
5. Open the PC Study Bible reference work from which you want to print (scripture, article, map, etc…).
a) Click on the "C", "P", or "A" button to send the definition, results, map, or item to the clipboard. Each button has a brief description of its use in the right hand Instruction Panel.
b) Or…use the mouse to highlight the desired text. Left click on the starting line you want to copy and then drag the pointer up or down to highlight the desired section of text. Then click on the main toolbar button that resembles an Arrow pointing to a Clipboard. This copies the highlighted text to the clipboard.
6. Use the ALT-TAB feature to switch to your word processor.
7. In most Windows word processors, you can simply press CTL-V to paste the text from PC Study Bible into you document at the current location of your cursor. Or you can click on "Edit" on the menu bar. This will display the choices in the EDIT drop down menu.
8. Choose PASTE.
Now you can use the full formatting and printing capabilities of your Windows word processor for the best results when you print your study materials.
A note about Append Mode:
This option in PC Study Bible can be selected from the CLIPBOARD drop down menu on the PC Study Bible menu bar. It allows you to copy more than one item to the clipboard at a time. Just remember, after you print, the information is still stored in your clipboard until you erase it. The PC Study Bible button with an pencil eraser over a clipboard will delete the contents of the clipboard.